Only the therapist providers listed in our online directory are associated and have been vetted with the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective.
Recommended providers, consultants, and businesses that align with our mission, vision, ethics, and values.
We hope that our Business Directory is helpful resource for clients, families, and caregivers who are seeking neurodiversity-affirming, qualified therapy providers, and neurodiversity-paradigm-aligned consultants, businesses, and organizations who are committed to upholding Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s values and ethics:
- Members are advocates for Disability Rights and Civil Rights
- Members are advocates for equitable inclusion, and unrestricted access to supports, modifications, and accommodations
- Members use ethical billing practices in all settings
- Members adhere to ethical sales of therapy/parent materials/apps/programs
- Members provide therapeutic programs that are respectful of neurodivergence, such as autistic differences and sensory processing differences, and address the individual’s specific needs as opposed to a diagnostic label
- Members practice with a presumption of competence and respect for personal agency
- Members apply a Strength-Based Approach
- Members are unapologetic in their opposition to the use of ABA, including Positive Supports and Positive Reinforcement (PBS and PBIS)
- Members use humane and trauma-informed approaches to Feeding Therapy
- Members provide access to robust AAC with core language, aided language stimulation, and modeling with no prerequisites
- Members respect Body Autonomy
- Members do not use Seclusion and Restraint in our Practices
- Members do not act as Social Skills Trainers/Interventionists
- Members practice with cognizance of the potentially harmful effects of social skills programs that promote masking
- Members will use no application of Exposure Therapy (any form of “tolerance” or “extinction”, in Vivo and Flooding, Imaginal), that potentially induces emotional distress, trauma, and PTSD. This includes ERP, DPT, sensory system desensitization, or any type of operative conditioning or respondent conditioning (behavior modification through conditioning)
Therapist Neurodiversity Collective initially verifies Business/Practice Directory applicant credentials, licenses, and agreements to follow our practice guidelines upon membership application for our Directory.
However, while we periodically review each business, we make no guarantees that therapists will remain licensed and certified or that they will follow our practice guidelines. We highly recommend that the public exercise due diligence with an appropriate level of investigation, including checking the validity of a professional’s credentials prior to engaging them as a therapy provider.