Please Read First Prior to Submitting Application
Membership is open to neurodiversity-affirming licensed and credentialed practicing therapists, including:
- Speech-Language Pathologists/SLTs/SPs
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Licensed Assistants (SLP-Assistant, COTA/OTA)
Therapists may apply to become an official individual members if their license and/or credentials can be verified by the licensure board or accreditation organization, and they agree to uphold our ethics and values. We do not have practice memberships available.
Active Members, get access to
- All member communications from Therapist Neurodiversity Collective
- All live and recorded neurodiversity-paradigm-aligned continuing professional education events with certificates for Certification Maintenance Hours/Continuing Professional Education (CMH/CPE).
- All recorded past events.
- Access to a carefully curated compilation of research studies, white papers, and scholarly articles arranged by relevant topic and associated with neurodivergent-affirming practices. Access is solely for use in non-commercial research and/or private study for general education knowledge.
- Opportunities to take action with human rights advocacy and activism campaigns, and we will support you in yours.
- Upon membership vetting, list your practice on the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s online directory at no additional cost. Our mission is to supply free public access to neurodivergent-affirming therapists who agree to practice with our ethics and values.
- Membership applications require administrative vetting and approval prior to admittance. The process may take up to 72 hours, or longer if there are follow-up questions to your application.
- Please make certain you agree with Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s requirements to join prior to submitting a membership application. Membership is not automatic, and occasionally applications are turned down due to the following two reasons: Therapist Neurodiversity Collective has a no-tolerance position for the use of ABA, including the use of positive supports/rewards for client “motivation”, and a no-tolerance policy for neurotypical social skills training.
- Please review our positions prior to submitting an application to make certain your practices parallel our positions because if your application is denied for any of the above reasons you will be refunded the cost of the membership dues minus a 20% administrative fee.
Review Membership Agreements
Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s Values and Principles
Position on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Positions on Positive Behavior Support, Positive Behavior Interventions, and Positive Reinforcement
Non-negotiable position on Social Skills Training
Non-ableist Pragmatic Language Therapy
Positions on Feeding Therapy