This is the checkout page for licensed and/or credentialed neurodiversity-affirming therapists to join the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective.
Therapists (e.g. Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, LCSWs, Mental Health Counselors, psychologists, etc.) may join the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective if they agree to practice with the Collective’s guidelines and uphold our ethics and values.
Annual dues are $149.00. Learn more about the benefits of a Therapist Neurodiversity Collective membership here.
Please Read First Prior to Submitting an Application
Membership is open to neurodiversity-affirming licensed and credentialed practicing therapists, including:
- Speech-Language Pathologists/SLTs/SPs
- Occupational Therapists
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Licensed Social Workers
- Licensed Assistants (SLP-Assistant, COTA/OTA)
- All other licensed and/or certified therapists who do not use ABA or PBS approaches, provide social skills training, or tolerance or exposure therapy.
An applicant’s license and/or credentials must be verifiable through their licensure board or accreditation organization.
An application submission indicates that the therapist agrees to uphold TNDC’s ethics and values.
Important Information: What do you need to know about the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective's therapy practice positions before joining us?
Please make certain that you agree with Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s requirements for membership, before submitting an application.
Membership is not automatic, and occasionally applications are turned down. Most of the time it’s for these three reasons – use of ABA, Social Skills Training, or Tolerance/Exposure Therapies.
Before submitting an application, please make certain that your practices parallel our positions because if your application is denied for any of the above reasons you will be refunded the cost of the membership dues minus a 20% administrative fee.
First and foremost, Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s therapist members are activists and advocates.
Our Ethics and Values
Position on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Our Positions on Positive Behavior Support, Positive Behavior Interventions, and Positive Reinforcement
Our Non-negotiable position on Social Skills Training
Non-ableist Pragmatic Language Therapy
Our Positions on Feeding Therapy
Membership applications are vetted, including license and or credentials. The process may take up to 72 hours, or longer. If there are follow-up questions to a therapist’s application. the therapist will be contacted through email and provided with the opportunity to provide additional information.
Therapist Neurodiversity Collective has a
- zero-tolerance position for the use of ABA, including the use of positive supports/rewards for client “motivation”
- zero-tolerance policy for social skills training
- zero-tolerance policy for the applications of tolerance and exposure therapies, including intense and direct sensory integrative therapy, sensory system desensitization, systematic desensitization, distress tolerance (DPT), sensory tolerance, Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), in vivo exposure, imaginal exposure, and prolonged exposure that would potentially induce emotional distress, trauma, and PTSD.