Search for a Neurodiversity-Affirming Provider
Our listings include therapists, consultants, and businesses that align with our mission, vision, ethics, and values.
Therapist Neuordiversity Collective is emphatically ABA-free and neurodiversity-affirming.
Our Business Directory is a free resource for clients, families, and caregivers seeking qualified therapy providers, and neurodiversity-paradigm-aligned consultants, businesses, and organizations who are committed to upholding Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s values and ethics:
- Members are advocates for Disability Rights and Civil Rights
- Members are advocates for equitable inclusion, and unrestricted access to supports, modifications, and accommodations
- Members use ethical billing practices in all settings
- Members adhere to ethical sales of therapy/parent materials/apps/programs
- Members provide therapeutic programs that are respectful of neurodivergence, such as autistic differences and sensory processing differences, and address the individual’s specific needs as opposed to a diagnostic label
- Members practice with a presumption of competence and respect for personal agency
- Members apply a Strength-Based Approach
- Members are unapologetic in their opposition to the use of ABA, including Positive Supports and Positive Reinforcement (PBS and PBIS)
- Members use humane and trauma-informed approaches to Feeding Therapy
- Members provide access to robust AAC with core language, aided language stimulation, and modeling with no prerequisites
- Members respect Body Autonomy
- Members do not use Seclusion and Restraint in our Practices
- Members do not act as Social Skills Trainers/Interventionists
- Members practice with cognizance of the potentially harmful effects of social skills programs that promote masking
Therapist Neurodiversity Collective initially verifies Business/Practice Directory applicant credentials, licenses, and agreements to follow our practice guidelines upon membership application for our Directory.
However, while we periodically review each business, we make no guarantees that therapists will remain licensed and certified or that they will follow our practice guidelines. We highly recommend that the public exercise due diligence with an appropriate level of investigation, including checking the validity of a professional’s credentials prior to engaging them as a therapy provider.
Applications Open June 16, 2021!
For Neurodiversity-Affirming Providers & Businesses
Qualified Therapy Providers and other Directory Advertisers seeking a listing in our directory must meet the criteria for Therapist Neurodiversity Collective’s Values and Code of Ethics as well as the Following Criteria
- Respect Autistic Culture by using identity-first language in advertising on websites, social media, and in marketing.
- Refrain from the implementation of ABA, including positive reinforcement in therapy practices, materials, books, educational programs, and apps.
- Providers who are associated with a therapy practice must be licensed and/or credentialed (based on the country’s requirements). Practices with BCBAs or Registered Behavior Technicians® ((RBT®) on staff or as consultants to the practice will not be approved for the directory.
- All therapies, therapy materials, books, training events, educational programs including CEU events, videos, and apps, or similar may not be marketed to or intended for use by ABA practitioners, including BCBAs or Registered Behavior Technicians® ((RBT®).
- Materials, therapies, books, and applications or similar will not address social skills training, or social skills interventions that train, or encourage masking, or camouflage of neurodivergent and autistic diversity in social intelligence.